With AUS Online, you can obtain an accredited Master of Business Administration (MBA) in 1 year, all from the comfort and convenience of your home. Through our straightforward online platform, you will have access to your full curriculum, as well as clear learning objectives and instructions. The goal of this program is to give you the confidence, knowledge, and skills to accelerate your career in an ever-changing business environment.
6 reasons to study with AUS online
What You Will Learn
The AUS Online degree program starts with fundamental business courses, such as finance, economics, marketing, and entrepreneurship. These are followed by progressively advanced courses, which expand the depth and breath of the students knowledge in the fundamental concepts. Throughout the program, AUS combines theoretical learning with relevant, real-world business problems to give students the practical skills and understanding of key issues that affect businesses on a day-to-day basis.
What are you waiting for? Why not take the first steps towards your MBA degree today with the help of AUS's revolutionary new online learning tools? Access course material when you want, and study when it's convenient for you. AUS offers you complete freedom and is available to you at an affordable price. Don't put your life on hold, apply now. What’s stopping you?
Each module consists of approximately 40 guided learning hours of material with an additional 30-50 hours of optional learning material. These materials comprise of recommended exercises, recommended readings and internet resources. After you have completed an online module, you will have an online assessment to complete. This assessment contains 30 multiple-choice questions.
AUS online operates year-round admissions which allows students who wish to study the online bachelor program the opportunity to start at any point in the calendar year.Chat with us now
Enrollment Dates2020-2021 Fall Term
Courses: September, October, November
Courses: Janurary, February, March
Courses: April, May, June
Master's Degree Requirements
The conferring of an MBA degree online from AUS follows only after completing the following requirements:
- Completion of all required modules
- Passing all online module assessments (1-hour, 30 multiple-choice questions)
- Completion of all required written assignments
In addition, all outstanding accounts must be settled with the administration before graduation.
Transfer credits may be accepted from other recognized colleges and universities for those courses, which apply to AUS’s programs.
How to Apply
The American University in Switzerland will consider all completed applications and will contact applicants within a reasonable period of time, as soon as a decision has been made. All applicants must demonstrate an excellent academic record signaling their potential for success in a given field of study and complete the following AUS admission procedures.
Entry to the master’s program requires completion and graduation from a recognized undergraduate program. AUS may require students who do not have an undergraduate degree in business or who are academically challenged to take additional undergraduate level courses.
The general requirements for all applicants include the completed application form and payable fees in addition to the documents listed below. The applicant should ensure that these documents are sent to AUS in good time before a course of study begins.
- Complete and signed Application Form
- A copy of a valid passport
- Résumé/CV: Including details of work experience, other qualifications and other relevant experience.
- Transcripts: Applicants must submit official transcripts for all applicable academic work done at the secondary or university-level institutions in the past five (5) years. Certified translations must also be submitted for all documents not in English.
- Motivation Letter: The essay or motivation letter should be at least 500 words in length. You should tell the story of your academic development and any other work experience you have had in a first-person narrative. You should explain your reasons for applying and how you expect AUS to further improve your present career goals.
- Language Proficiency: Proficiency will be recognized if students have completed one of the following conditions:
1. Attendance for at least three recent full years of study in an institution where the sole language of instruction is English.
2. Completion of an IELTS English Language Test with a score of at least 5.5 overall.
3. Completion of a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of at least 550 (PBT), 213 (CBT), or 79 (IBT).
AUS operates on a rolling admissions basis, which requires that completed application materials as well as all academic records and the applicable fee be received by AUS a minimum of 1 week before the start of term. If accepted, you will receive an official Letter of Acceptance and an invitation to enroll. At this time, you will also be advised of any additional information that should be provided in order to complete your file. A payment schedule of the tuition and fees due is indicated in the Offer Letter sent within the Letter of Acceptance.
|Registration Fee||CHF 500|
|MIBA Tuition||CHF 4’000|
*All prices are in Swiss Francs (CHF)
*Tuition and fees may be subject to change without prior notice
A number of additional expenses should be expected by students, which are not covered by the tuition fees and will need to be accounted for separately.
All fees are quoted in CHF (Swiss Francs). As AUS – The American University in Switzerland is a private institution, all students pay the same fees regardless of nationality. Fees are reviewed from time to time and may change from those listed.
The University reserves the right to make such alterations or amendments as necessary. Please consult the website for current information.
Registration fees must be paid upon accepting your offer of admission. Tuition fees must be paid at least two weeks before the start date of the academic program. A student will not be fully registered until full payment is received. Once AUS receives your payment, you will be given detailed instructions and a start date confirmation. Payments may be made by bank transfer, online via credit card, or in person. Access to services may be withdrawn in the case of non-payment.
Tuition is due, and full access is granted, prior to the start of each full year. If you wish to withdraw prior to sending payment for the subsequent year, you must advise the AUS administration in writing. Upon written consent from AUS, you will not be obligated to pay or attend subsequent years; however, refunds are not available for any years for which you have already paid and been granted access to the corresponding sessions.
Scholarships are not offered for AUS online programs. Scholarships are only available to eligible students who apply to study at the AUS campus. Please contact us for further details.
- Business owner: Understanding the risks and advantages, the business owner serves as the chief decision maker, installing trust through sound decision making and rational thinking; and controlling business activities, budget and resource.
- Operational risk manager: evaluating all operations to identify the risks and rewards within a business, a professional manager who can communicate effectively and influence key decision makers.
- Finance manager: a numbers expert who can manage the books of a business and can analyze and forecast for the benefit of senior management and decision makers.
- Business development manager: a visionary who can focus on accounting management, building business plans and relationships to ensure maximum efficiency and growth in business operations.
- Senior product market manager: implementing marketing strategies to maximize public relations opportunities and marketing tools such as digital and traditional media.