The AUS Master’s program in international business administration with a specialization in Entrepreneurship provides graduates with the necessary skills and knowledge to start your own business. The course curriculum includes key tools to expand your business capacity and is global in nature in order to prepare students for the business challenges of the 21st century.
- 2017 most innovative country in the World
- "Switzerland leads the rankings for the seventh consecutive year"
- "The top 10 in the Global Innovation Index Switzerland has earned the number 1 position in the GII for the seventh consecutive year. It has maintained this top spot since 2011, as well as its number 1 position in the Innovation Output Sub-Index and in the knowledge and technology outputs pillar since 2012"
- Canton de Vaud Number 1 for Venture Capital in Switzerland
- More than half of the total invested flowed into this canton. Vaud-based start-ups generated more than CHF 460 million
Why an AUS degree
AUS’s commitment to the ultimate student experience includes the right number of faculty members to guarantee small class sizes and the subsequent personal support to students in and outside the classroom. Small class sizes ensure full engagement with the professor leading the learning as well as fellow students from a range of professional and cultural backgrounds.
AUS offers a tailored education, with practical and theoretical courses, which are relevant for today’s market. Prioritizing the latest business subjects, the highly motivated and ambitious staff and administration at AUS is dedicated to the academic and personal development of students, working closely on a one-to-one basis to help them achieve their career objectives.
Full access to various databases such as EBSCO, ProQuest, Financial Times and other services are available on and off the campus along with access to academic and industry experts, and through a curriculum shaped by current research and professional practice to maximize your career progression.
An international, multicultural environment based in Switzerland, AUS is one of Switzerland’s leading business universities situated in La Tour-de-Peilz on the beautiful shores of Lake Geneva and is privileged to have the likes of global corporations and organizations such as Nestlé, Hublot, the United Nations and the International Olympic Committee within easy travelling distance from campus
AUS’s backing by internationally recognized and strong local organizations provides the assurance of quality education for its students. It is recognized as a university by multiple accreditation bodies including the U.S based International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE), and the European Council for Business Education (ECBE). It also belongs to the Swiss-American Chamber of Commerce, Fédération Suisse des Ecoles Privées (FSEP), Association Vaudoise des Ecoles Privées (AVDEP) as well as Promove.
What You Will Learn
Acquiring the skills you need to succeed.
The will to gain the knowledge to become an entrepreneur is a key characteristic of this generation of students. Furthermore, the average lifespan of an S&P 500 company has been reduced from 60 to 15 years since 1960. "Disruption" is a commonplace in the market and companies are seeking "intrapreneur" minded individuals to secure their survival.
Our teachers are involved in entrepreneurship whether as former start-up creators or coaching start-ups in local and international start-up accelerators and multinational corporations.
The degree starts with five fundamental courses. These are followed by core courses that give students a solid grasp of the fundamentals of business, such as finance, economics, marketing and entrepreneurship. Students can select topical courses to tailor their degree. The program aims to give you a complete understanding of the context in which organizations operate in today’s modern world by developing your knowledge and skills across areas including strategy, marketing and finance. Core topics cover areas such as data analysis for decision-making, strategic marketing, financial management, accounting for managers, and economics for business.
Courses are selected by the administration depending on student requests and faculty availability and include topics such as economics, management, law and marketing principles. Check our course web pages regularly for the most comprehensive and up-to-date information.
The focus of the university is to develop your skills and most of all accompany you in gaining the self-confidence and attitude for you to succeed as an entrepreneur.
This will be accomplished by having each student develop their project throughout their studies and receiving feedback from teachers and specialists, promoting Student Sandbox and Business Labs.
The program will include courses such as Lean Startup Approach, Innovating Successfully, Entrepreneurial Finance and Crowd Funding, Pitching your Startup.
The related courses are :
- Pitching your Startup
- Leading in the VUCA world
- Becoming a Leader
- First-time Manager
- Managing the Future of Work
- Innovating Successfully
- Strategy beyond Markets
- Developing an Effective Business Model
To see the complete curriculum, please download the Master of International Business Administration with major in Entrepreneurship.
The academic year usually begins in September and ends in July with three academic terms (Fall, Winter and Spring) during this period. Each term includes eleven weeks of study, plus one week of examinations. Examination periods usually occur in the middle and end of each term. Holiday periods usually occur in December and Spring. The long Summer break is in July/August.
Term Dates2019-2020 Fall Term
Courses: September - December
Holidays: Winter Break: 4 weeks
Courses: January - March
Holidays: Spring Break: 3 weeks
Courses: April - July
Holidays: Summer Break: 12 weeks
Master's Degree Requirements
The conferring of a MIBA degree from AUS follows only after completing the following requirements:
• Academic credit requirements;
• Academic performance requirements (Cumulative GPA of 3.0.);
• Attendance requirements and residency requirements.
In addition, all outstanding accounts must be settled with the administration before graduation.Contact us
Transfer credits may be accepted from other recognized colleges and universities for those courses, which apply to AUS’s programs. Advanced placement (AP) credits obtained at the high school level may be applied to an undergraduate program. Transfer credits may only be awarded for a grade of C (75%) or higher. All graduating students must complete at least half of their Academic Credit requirements at AUS.
How to Apply
The American University in Switzerland will consider all completed applications and will contact applicants within a reasonable period of time, as soon as a decision has been made. Admission to AUS is however subject to a limited number of enrollments; it is therefore possible that not all qualified applicants are always accepted.
All applicants must demonstrate an excellent academic record signaling their potential for success in a given field of study and complete the following AUS admission procedures.
Entry to the master’s program requires completion and graduation from a recognized undergraduate program. AUS may require students who do not have an undergraduate degree in business or who are academically challenged to take additional undergraduate level courses. Graduates of non-American institutions of higher learning must be able to document that their degree is equivalent to a recognized bachelor’s degree. Certified translations in English are required for all records not in English.
A minimum of six months full-time or one-year part-time work experience is recommended but is not required, before entering the graduate program. One of the recommendation letters must come from an employer or supervisor.
The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) test is recommended but not required for graduate level applicants.
The general requirements for all applicants include the completed application form and payable fees in addition to the documents listed below. The applicant should ensure that these documents are sent to AUS in good time before a course of study begins.
- Request Application Form
- Submit completed and signed application form
- Photographs: Six (6) passport size photographs must be included with the application form that is submitted to AUS. Most of these photographs are required by the local authorities and for student visas.
- Recommendations: Two (2) confidential letters of recommendation from instructors or employers who are familiar with the applicant’s past performance must be sent directly to AUS. Certified translations must also be submitted for all letters not in English.
- Résumé or CV: A brief written account of the applicant’s strengths and accomplishments. Include personal details, education, work experience, other qualifications and career expectations.
- Transcripts: Applicants must submit official transcripts for all applicable academic work done at the secondary or university-level institutions in the past five (5) years. Transcripts must be sent directly by the institutions to AUS. Certified translations must also be submitted for all documents not in English.
- Motivation Letter: The essay or motivation letter should be at least 500 words in length. You should tell the story of your academic development and any other work experience you have had in a first-person narrative. You should explain your reasons for applying and how you expect AUS to further improve your present career goals.
- Language Proficiency: Proficiency will normally be recognized if students have completed any of the following conditions:
a. Attendance for at least three recent full years of study in an institution where the sole language of instruction is English.
b. Obtaining Standard level or higher, in the International Baccalaureate (IB).
- If none of these conditions apply, proof of proficiency in English must be provided by achieving the appropriate score on one of the following:
At least 550 score in a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
At least 6.0 score in an International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
An application must include all of these items in order to be considered for the admissions process.
AUS operates on a rolling admissions basis, which requires that completed application materials as well as all academic records and the applicable fee be received by AUS a minimum of 10 weeks before the start of term. If accepted, you will receive an official Letter of Acceptance and an invitation to enroll. At this time, you will also be advised of any additional information that should be provided in order to complete your file. A payment schedule of the tuition and fees due is indicated in the Offer Letter sent within the Letter of Acceptance.
|Registration Fee||CHF 3’500|
|MIBA Tuition||CHF 30’500|
*All prices are in Swiss Francs (CHF)
*Tuition and fees may be subject to change without prior notice
A number of additional expenses should be expected by students, which are not covered by the tuition fees and will need to be accounted for separately. Additional expenses may include:
- Health insurance
- Social activities/trips
- Photocopying costs
All fees are quoted in CHF (Swiss Francs). As AUS – The American University in Switzerland is a private institution, all students pay the same fees regardless of nationality. Fees are reviewed from time to time and may change from those listed.
The University reserves the right to make such alterations or amendments as necessary. Please consult the website for current information.
Application and registration fees must be paid before the visa application process. Tuition fees must be paid at least two weeks before the start date of the academic program. If the payment is not done, you may not enroll and start classes until payment has been made. Payments may be made by bank transfer or in person. A student will not be fully registered until full payment is received. Tuition and services may be withdrawn in the case of non-payment.
If you begin a program of study and then wish to withdraw, you must advise the Administration in writing. Any refund will be made according to our Refund Policy.
Note: This process may take a few months.
AUS offers a number of scholarships and bursaries to help you with your education. More information may be collected from our Administration team directly.
- Founding your own startup: Entrepreneurship-related courses inspire students wishing to pursue their dream of setting up their own companies. The extensive network of AUS will further provide the right connections that students will require to be able to successfully launch their ideas.
- Joining startups: The AUS degree with specialization in Entrepreneurship prepares students with the tools, skills and network that they would need in order to join existing startups.
- Business consultant: Courses mixed with practical experience aim to provide the tools and skills that help students better identify gaps in the market and where they could help make businesses thrive.
- Working in Sales: Sales people are the key individuals that sell the products of a business. We provide you with the skills that you will need to represent and manage any company.
And many more…