Thank you for your interest in AUS – the American University in Switzerland.
To process your application, we kindly request that you return the following documents to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admission Requirements Documents:
- Completed and signed application form;
- Digital copy of your valid passport;
- Digital copy of your passport photo (4.5cm x 3.5cm);
- Copy of your valid residential permit (where applicable);
- Copy of all relevant official High School and/or University Diploma(s)/Certificate(s)/Degrees(s);
- Copy of all relevant official transcript(s);
- Proof of English proficiency (for non-native speakers);
- Two letters of recommendation;
- Résumé / Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Motivation letter / essay (approx. 500 words);
- Evidence of sufficient financial means (bank statement, sponsor letter, etc.). This can come from you, your parents, or the sponsor listed in your application;
- Proof of previous work experience (if applicable);
Upon receipt of the above-listed requirements, we will personally guide you each step of the way on your path to AUS.
Your Path to AUS:
- You complete the Admission Requirements listed above.
- We review your application and respond accordingly.
- You receive an Acceptance letter and Offer letter, which contains instructions for paying the registration fee.
- You sign and return the Offer letter to email@example.com pay the registration fee accordingly.
- Our legal and admin team puts together all the documents you will need to apply for a Swiss student visa.
- You take these documents to the Swiss consulate/embassy in the country of your passport.
- While you are waiting for your visa, we will find accommodations for you that match your needs and budget. Photos, cost estimates, and further information are available upon request.
- You pay the first quarter tuition before classes begin.
- Once you have received your Swiss student visa, you will be allowed to enter Switzerland (and travel around Europe).
- When you arrive in Switzerland, you come to campus, and we will set you up with all the necessary Health insurance, Swiss residence permit, free bank accounts at UBS, etc.
- Your degree program and bright future begin.
Things to Consider:
- Depending on your particular circumstances and country-specific requirements, you may need to wait anywhere from three weeks to three months to receive your Swiss student visa, so we should begin your path as soon as possible.
- However, as we have continuous intakes for Fall (September), Winter (January), and Spring (April) quarters, please don’t be discouraged if you miss your desired intake.
- We are here to support you each step of the way.
- Further details are outlined in the application itself.
The American University in Switzerland is a private institution and we are not subsidized by the government, so we only offer partial scholarships. We do not currently offer full scholarships. We generally grants scholarships covering 10-20% of student's…Learn More
Tuition and Costs
Please keep in mind that we are a private university with Ivy League professors educated in institutions such as Princeton, Harvard, and Stanford. Plus, we have small class sizes that foster a high level of individual attention and an extremely…Learn More