Uniquely located on the Swiss Riviera between Montreux and Vevey, AUS offers its students internationally accredited Bachelors, Masters and Doctorate degree programs. All of our courses are taught in English, in small dynamic classes. Our personal and tailored approach welcomes you from the first time we meet you.
Inside the classroom, your professors are combining a practical and theoretical way of lecturing. During the academic year, you will have great opportunities to explore the best from the real business environment or to visit main headquarters that are just around the corner from the AUS campus.
The story of AUS begins in 1963, date of creation of the American College of Switzerland (ACS) in Leysin by the Ott Family who was accredited by the US regional body, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Notable graduates of the ACS include Sylvester Stallone who studied drama and Winthrop Paul Rockefeller.
Building upon this vision, four of the teachers of ACS decided to create another American-based institution and in July 1991 founded the American Graduate School of Business as a non-profit, private institution of higher education after recognizing the needs of the existing student population to have undergraduate and graduate programs.
Their initial location was at the Hotel Excelsior in Montreux that also housed the Clinic Biotonus.
As AUS became internationally accredited the prosperous AUS grew rapidly they were in need of a bigger campus and the subsequent year found what they considered as the “perfect location” in the center of La Tour-de-Peilz, nestled between the lakeside resort communities of Montreux and Vevey, in the heart of the Swiss Riviera.
Some of our history
- 1993 AVDEP (Association of Private Schools in Canton Vaud) recognized AUS
- 1994 AUS joined the SFPS (Swiss Federation of Private Schools) association
- 1996 AUS becomes a member of ECIS (European Council of International Schools) (https://www.ecis.org)
- 1998 AUS becomes a member of College Board (https://www.collegeboard.org/)
- 1998 Department of Veteran Affairs (Washington DC) approves Bachelor program
- 2000 Introduction of Doctorate program
- 2001 Recognition of AUS as a Higher institution by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China
- 2009 New team joins to run AUS
- 2013 AAHEA Accredited
- 2014 ASIC Accredited
- 2015 Dual Degree agreement with Regents university in London
- 2016 Campus change. After spending 24 years in the initial campus in “Place des Anciens-Fossés” the management recognized the need to relocate to an even bigger and modern campus to accommodate the increased numbers of students arriving in from around the world.
- 2017 Academic Cooperation Agreement with Escuela Latinoamericana de Ingenieros, Tecnologos y Empresarios in Bogota, Colombia
- 2017 Academic Cooperation Agreement with Universidad Anahuac Mexico in Huixquilucan, Mexico
- 2017 Academic Cooperation Agreement with Universidad Antonio Narino in Bogota, Colombia
- 2017 Agreement for Academic Collaboration with Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University in Tbilisi, Georgia
- 2017 Agreement for academic collaboration with the American University of Science and Technology in Beirut, Lebanon
- 2017 ECBE Accredited
- 2017 General Agreement for Academic Collaboration with Universidad De Guadalajara in Guadalajara, Mexico
- 2017 IACBE Accredited
- 2017 Interinstitutional Cooperation Agreement with Corporacion Unificada Nacional de Educacion Superior in Colombia
- 2017 Memorandum of Understanding between Galgotias University in Greater Noida, India
- 2017 QUISAN Membership
- 2018 Academic collaboration with DAR Al-Hekma University in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- 2018 Academic collaboration with University of Prince Mugrin in Medina, Saudi Arabia
The new and current campus at «Chemin du Levant» still located in La Tour-de-Peilz can now receive 400 students.
To this date, AUS has never stopped innovating…
and for the same reason AUS is proud to announce that in 2019 it is founding: AUS, The American University in Switzerland.
Of course, this new name will not come alone. Three new programs will be available starting from September:
With these new programs (and more programs to come) the American University in Switzerland aims to provide future managers with the best tools to succeed in the business of tomorrow.
“We make a promise, we will never stop innovating.”